Tuesday 8 May 2012

Cancer Research UK and #RunThisTown

I've found myself with a bit of free time thanks to the long weekend, so thought I'd write a quick update on the running and training progress:

Training wise has been a bit a bit hit and miss recently, the weather had been absolutely appalling for over a month now, meaning I haven't been hitting the roads as often as I'd like (can't afford another bloody illness) but I have been hammering the gym 4-5 days a week, so can't say I've been slacking off. I don't really do any cardio there though, so really need to get back on the roads a good 4-5 days a week. I REALLY need to stop eating crap too, but that's unlikely.

More positively - I've been running well when I have been going out, breaking my personal best for the 5k and feel I can run further with each week. I do find it a lot easier running at the start of the week, with my pace dropping off through to Friday, so will have to find a better balance with my gym visits. Some sun would be nice too!

Things have been good off the road too - donations are going well, plus, I got an email from Cancer Research UK last week saying that they'd came across my Just Giving page while looking for interesting runners/stories and if i'd be willing to do some publicity for them. Nothing too major, -potential local press, radio and website stuff but anything that would get my donations up while raising awareness seems like a good opportunity. I spoke to them on the phone for about half an hour and just need to send some photos off and see where it goes really.

I've also just became a part of my very first running team with #RunThisTown. All started up by the delightful @Samcentric (whose tweets in the run up to last years Great North Run played a big part in me signing up to this year's event), it's a running team for those who wouldn't necessarily describe themselves as runners or join a running club and I certainly fit that criteria. Her blog here explains it all a lot better than I could! I just run by myself so I think it will be a massive motivational boost for me personally, especially given my competitive nature. No excuses for not going out when you now everyone else is hitting the roads hard!

Song for the Day - M83 - Reunion




No comments:

Post a Comment